Wednesday, November 24, 2010

What's for Lunch Wednesday



It's that time of the week again!  Time to see just what my 1st grader has been eating.  Time to link up with What's for Lunch Wednesday on the Bento Lunch blog and get inspired for lunches to come.

This is one of Paulo's lunches from his last week of school before the Thanksgiving break.  In here we have some sliced oranges and kabobs with carrot slices and green olives.  I also used a cookie cutter to shape a cucumber into a candy cane.  Interestingly enough...he ate it!  I guess he really will eat just about anything as long as it's cut cute!  The main compartment holds a new item I found at my local New Seasons market.  They are called Oregon Harvest Veggi Tots from Chez Gourmet from Marie.  To see what's in them click here!  I picked them up because they are vegetarian-which is a requirement from the lovely people that own the building we are renting for school, our lunches must not contain meat-and because they have no wheat in them!  It is really hard to find a vegetarian "meat" sub that does not contain wheat!  All the veggie nuggets I've seen use wheat in one way or another.  I have wheat free chicken nuggets but I can't send them to school!  Anyway, I was nervous frankly, there's lots of good healthy things in these that kids routinely turn their noses up at.  But Paulo, as usual, surprised me and LOVED them!  I will definitely be using these again when school starts up as a sandwich alternative.

For other great lunch box ideas visit What's for Lunch in Our House!

1 comment:

  1. Very nice. I hope you can also use a stainless steel tiffin bento container or an insulated tiffin bag so that you can still eat your lunch at its best. Do you know that an insulated tiffin bag can keep the food's right temperature that could last up to 4 hours? It's perfect when you want to sip a hot soup while you're taking a break at your office or at school. =) really awesome huh? What's more great in it is that it is eco-friendly and durable. Try it. =)

    ReplyDelete

Input? Feedback? I'd love to hear from you!